Ok so most of you know that I switched from Oxycontin to Fentanyl patch about a month ago. I think they have finally got me to the right level to get some relief. My question is:
The first month the pharmacy gave me the gel filled patches and they seem to be working fine. When I went in this month they gave me the Mylan patches. I know these have the med in the adhesive. They are also much smaller, which I am very happy about. The others were huge!! Does anyone have experience with Mylan vs. gel? If they work the same I will be much happier with them as they also stick and STAY on much better. Anyone with experience or advice on this?
Lastly, I wanted to add that I haven't slept more than 4-5 hrs a night in years. Once they got me to the right dosage and number of hrs to wear the patch "viola" I am sleeping uninterrupted 6-8 hrs every night. As some of my good friends here know, not being able to sleep is sometimes as hard on our bodies as the pain!! What a blessing this has been.
Thus, the reason for the question. I don't want to mess anything up by switching to a different brand. Any thoughts... ideas?
Thanks and love you guys -Terri-