I've been on the Fentanyl Patch for quite a few years. 100mg every 72 hours. This dosage works for me.
Two weeks ago
I had a really really bad fall. I had to have surgery & was given dilaudid 1mg every 4-6 hours. It does not work for me!!
I had a 3 hour operation to insert 2 metal plates (5" long) into my wrist. I broke the 2 bones in my wrist plus both bones exited on either side of it. I'm not sure if this is called a compound fracture?
I fell so hard that after 2 weeks I'm just starting to walk unaided. I still can't use the toilet on my own. When I first got to emergency they gave me Fentanyl by I.V. There wasn't any pain relief so they added the dilaudid. The pain has yet to subside!!! The surgeon said that the dilaudid was one of the strongest pain med & couldn't increase the dosage. What is wrong with this picture?? I don't know what to do & how to get through to this Dr.
I'm tired of being in pain. I feel guilty about asking him for a stronger pain med.
I'm exhausted!!!
Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.