I'm on my third patch, and having some issues... First one only lasted 48-50 hours then the pain set in. (Thorasic fractures). I took a shower after I put on my second one which I thought I covered well with tape, I didn't. Once out, it was partially falling off so I used a big band-aid to cover it. Well, my pain was going up and I was getting little relief. I felt the Watson patch, and could feel that the gel was there and it felt as full as a new one. The first one was 98% empty when I took it off, so I'm kinda getting the feel of what it should feel like. Did I do something wrong? I read in another post that putting a band-aid over it messes with the "air flow". If thats true, how will I shower besides every 3 days?

Secondly, I was taking Dilaudid 8mg 4 times daily and still having pain, then switched to the 75 mg patch. I'm not getting very good results. I thought after reading many posts prior to getting the patch that this might finally be the answer. I'd like to protect my Liver a bit... Is there a conversion chart from Dilaudid to the patch?

Thanks in advance...