Hi Everyone. First, thanks to all who have responded to my questions. This website is wonderful! I really feel more confident talking to people who have actually gone through these situations then sometimes asking my Pain Mgmt folks. They are wonderful and I cetainly listen to them, but y'all have actual real experience. Anyway... :-)
It seems like the Percocets I take don't seem to be working as well as they used to. Initally they work fairly well but not getting as much relief as I used to. But my main complaint is that is really seems like it's only a matter of a couple of hours before they aren't helping at all. I used to get 5-6 hrs of relief.
Is this a medicine that after a long period of usage you become tolerant too?
If so, has anyone had any luck with another kind of medicine? I just know that I have heard that certain antibiotics don't work after you use them so often.
BTW, I started taking them about 1 year ago. Two 10mg 3-4 times a day. Now I take 1-10mg 2-3 times a day for breakthrough pain along with my patch. I started out using the 25 but last week my doc changed it to the 50 patch.
Thanks in advance for your help! I hope everyone has a good day with no pain... or at least at little as possible.