I was recently prescribed Fentanyl 50 mcg patches. I had been on MSIR 30mg every 6-8 hours but it stopped working and the doctor prescribed this instead for chronic pain. I had some insurance issues so I haven't had MSIR in about a week but I tolerated the dose that I was on just fine... but I also didn't seem to have any withdrawal issues, just worsened pain cause well, I haven't had any pain relief.

I've read about how strong Fentanyl is. I'm terrified to try it. I don't want to die in my sleep or something but I can't take the pain that I am in anymore. I am only 29 and can barely get out of bed most days. I just want to be able to play with my nieces and run around like I used to with them. The doctor thinks that the Fentanyl will make this possible. Is the 50 mcg starting dose too high? The doctor didn't think so but I'm curious to hear what anyone else thinks!

Thanks in advance.