... ago, after going back to Grad school and feeling tons of anxiety about my career and relattionship. I take 37.5 mg xr, and It helped pull me out of depression and anxiety and has gotten me on my feet, enough to be a teacher and have a job and get married. It helps to balance out my anger and impulsivity. I also do talk therapy and even Neurofeedback. But now I feel like it has crushed my creativity and true feelings (I am a sensitive artist type), and I've lost a part of myself in the process. I gained a "life" (my life was quite chaotic before the meds), but have lost a "soul" (maybe) I also take Aderol 10 mg XR to help me focus and get stuff done, for Adult ADD. My moods have always been a problem, and these two meds have gotten me through some tough times by cutting through my circles of though and focusing me on what needs to get done. But now I am trying to get off Effexor.

3 different psychiatrists have prescribed me 3 totally different ways to get off it, none of which have really worked. One was to give me Depakote, but that made me feel like I was on tranquelizers. Another gave me a tab of 37.5 mg effexor and told me to halve it to about 15 mg, and by the 4th day I felt like I was going down a black hole of depression. The first few days were really interesting, and I had my old creativity back, along with feelings. But then by the 3rd day my mood was jumping all the way up to all the way down. I was sensitive to light, sound, and any thought that passed through my head. I took everything as if it had to do with me, even TV shows. It drove me straight back to a full dose of 37.5 mg xr. Another doctor gave me Prozac to take at the same time, while taking beads out. Every time, I had to go back to my 37.5mg dose.

What really gets me this past year was that I got awful Acid Reflux (GERD) and after cutting lots out of my diet, think it has to do with Effexor 37.5 mg XR. Does anyone else have this issue? Can it cause GERD?

These days I wait as long as I can in the day to take the Effexor, so that I don't get all woozy. That seems to happen after I take the pill. This really blows. I want to have my creativity and focus and energy as a teacher and artist, but Effexor is in my system and can't get out. Help!