I've been on Synthroid for eight months due to a thyroidectomy because of papillary cancer. My dose has been dropped because I was losing weight. I am uncomfortable in so many ways, I feel kind of crazy. Muscle pain so bad that sometimes I can't walk for a few seconds after standing up... it's like my muscles are rigid or stretching. My sleep patterns are all off, I'm tired all the time, and I just generally feel awful most days. I have something that feels like restless leg syndrome, but it affects my whole body, where I just want to crawl out of my skin.

My family doesn't understand how I feel. I think that they think it's all in my head and that I'm a hypochondriac.

The thought of being on this for the rest of my life when I'm only 45 years old makes me wish I'd just taken my chances with the cancer. :(