I feel like I have the flu. I started taking 20mg of cymbalta last evening-will this go away?

balbanese 5 May 2012

Wow! This is EXACTLY what I felt after just 3 days on this stuff (among several other things). I was taken off this stuff quickly, weird dreams/thoughts, cold sweats, eight gain, the list goes on. I went 8-days and this flu stuff was still hanging in, it stopped after 12 days but I went off it right around then. Hope this helps.

LaurieShay 5 May 2012

Hang in there, the side effects should subside within the first couple weeks and the medication start working within a month. It takes sometime and patients, but I found it to be a very effective medicine. I too stopped taking it because it made me sleep too much, but this may not be the case with you.

isbbrat71 6 May 2012

As long as I know these effects Will Pass! It too makes me sleepy and I yawn a lot when lay down and wake up. The sleepiness may be getting better, but the nausea still is the worse, and the sweating/weakness!!! I cannot tolerate much nausea, but I am willing to continue-maybe if I can distract myself.

LaurieShay 6 May 2012

Take the cymbalta with a little food and if the nausea doesn't subside within a few more days, let the doc know.