I have fecal incontenience. Even surgery didn't help. would Welchol help to stop the leakage?

tonyplake 16 Jun 2013

NO, Welchol would not help stop fecal leakage. In fact it could give you a blockage or an impaction. Check your diet carefully and be honest with yourself. Fiber, fiber, fiber can help with fecal leakage. Think almonds, fiber pills, and a normal healthy diet.

Welchol gastrointestinal side effects have included flatulence (12%), constipation (8.7% to 11%), dyspepsia (3.9% to 8%), diarrhea (5%), and nausea (3% to 4%). Bowel obstruction (in patients with a history of bowel obstruction or resection), dysphagia or esophageal obstruction (occasionally requiring medical intervention), fecal impaction, pancreatitis, abdominal distension, exacerbation of hemorrhoids, and increased transaminases have been reported in postmarketing experience.

Read more at https://www.drugs.com/sfx/welchol-side-effects.html#f4MRlvatTuF5qHeb.99

Mojito123 6 Sep 2013

I have a similar problem but was told by pain management dr that It is related to my prescribed drugs of gabapentin (3600 daily) and OxyContin (10 mg x twice daily). It is a horrible and embarrassing issue to deal with. I have tried lots of fiber and probiotics daily to no avail. I suffer from severe nerve damage that was made worse by two unsuccessful surgeries. I am open to suggestions.

lane46 6 Sep 2013

my last try at finding a solution was having injections in the rectum to add bulk. didn't work. told doctor was just going to live with the problem.