Fatigue - Will I always be tired taking topamax or will the side effect go away?

MB29 9 Aug 2017

Are you on anything else? Topamaxx gives me energy... like I quit drinking coffee b/c I felt like what I would imagine speed to be like. Although now that I got an epidural yesterday it seems to be counteracting that and making me tired. Steroids always make my sleepy though. I was on it for a month with good energy and a clear head before yesterday though. Now Lyrica - that put me in a sleepy funk! I was a zombie!

Maybe try drinking more water too. My doc told me my pee should be clear after first morning wake up one. I carry a 32oz water bottle everywhere with me and refill it several times a day.

redasinfred 24 Aug 2017

I do take other meds that also cause drowsiness. Maybe the mix is amplifying the affect.