Facing surgery for spinal stenosis. Wanting to know pros and cons from people who have had it?

sydney64 2 Aug 2016

I feel your pain and anxiety as I too have spinal stenosis in the lumbar region along with peripheral neuropathy, etc. What a life changer! My neurosurgeon assessed me for surgery but concluded I was not a perfect candidate. I was so disappointed but understood that you must have total faith in your doctor and medical team.
My questions for you are; Is there a guarantee you will improve? Will it come back? Is your doctor using the newest surgical technique?
If you are younger than 50, and felt total confidence than it would be miraculous game changer. I want you to be well and have a better quality of life but you must be able to accept whatever comes your way and live with it in peace. I hope I have helped in some way... feel free to contact me for any other questions as moral support is of the utmost importance... Wishing you a spectacular outcome...

pmcnear48 2 Aug 2016

Thanks for your answer. Actually, I have accepted what has come my way. I am very analytical so on top of my impending surgical consultation, I want to hear from people who have had the surgery. After I get all of the facts, I will make a decision that I feel will be the best for my family and everyone that will be affected by this decision, whether directly or indirectly.