Twenty-Four years ago I had a stroke due to an aneurysm? AVM (areteriovenous malformation) Not sure what came first since I was born with it. The stroke left me paralzed on the right side of my body have no use of my right hand walk witha limp.

The aeurysm came with it. A cerebral arteriovenous malformation is an abnormal connection betdween the arteries and veins in the brain that usually forms before birth.

The cause: An AVM rupture occurs because of pressure and damage to blood vessel tissue. This allows blood to leak into the brain or surrounding tissues, and reduces blood flow to the brain

Am I right that the (arteriovenous malformation) came first? It makes perfect sense... to me.

Description of an aneurysm:
A brain aneurysm can leak or rupture, causing bleeding into the brain (hemorrhagic stroke). Most often a ruptured brain aneurysm occurs in the space between the brain and the thin tissues covering the brain. This type of hemorrhagic stroke is called a subarachnoid hemorrhage. A ruptured aneurysm quickly becomes life-threatening and requires prompt medical treatment.

What do you think?
-Abby