Expiration Date - Eyewash ophthalmic solution exp 2016 can I use it and it is sealed?

Do53 30 Aug 2017

The expiration date is there to let you know how long it will retain its optimal effectiveness. After that it is possible it may not work as well. I have read many articles about the expiration dates on medications and most of them consistently state that you can still continue to use them, especially if unopened as yours is for up to a year. However, you can't do this with every medication. I am not a doctor or pharmacist, so I would recommend at the very least you check with your pharmacist before you use it and get their opinion on using this medication after its expiration date. I would hate to see you do anything to mess up your vision. Better safe than sorry… Good luck with this and I hope you have a good outcome!