i have severe allergy and year by year it goes worser than before.so i experienced Anaphylaxis shock and i scared so much .i read an artice if i go to the doctor and cure it so fast i prevented from the death .please help me what should i do.meanwhile im student in sweden and its hard for me to go to the doctor.because specialist is so expensive .
I experienced Anaphylaxis shock so please help me how can I cure and prevent from severe situation?
- 23 Aug 2012 by sara1001
- 24 August 2012
Sara, what substance triggered the anaphylaxis, was it a medication, a bee sting, exposure to a food? The best thing to do, in any case, is to avoid the trigger. It would depend on what triggers the attack as to what other solutions might be available, but avoiding any contact with whatever triggered it, is the best bet for now. I wish I had more info here, please do add any detail by hitting comment.patti
Your answer to Patti is sometimes you eat these foods. That is crazy! I also suffer from bad allergies, & once was told I should live in a bubble. You can get shots every week to immunize you against the enviromental allergies like the pollen etc,,, but foods you must not eat. You should also have prescribed what is called an epi pen which you can inject yourself if you have a severe reaction. I carry one at all times.It's basically adernaline if you have an allergic reaction & can't breathe. You just pushon on it against your thigh & it inject adrenline into you. You must also go to the emerb
gency center too in case one shot does not work. When I lived in the state of Wyoming, I gave my own allergy shots for the prevention,& also had the adrnaline incase I had a bad reaction. If you have moved, you need retested, as different things grown in different places, so you could be allerigc to some new things you are not aware of. Please do not mess with this. See a new allergy doctor where you are now...
Sara, some allergies, such as those to shellfish, peanuts, or insect stings, do get worse and worse each time, finally resulting in anaphylaxis, or full body shock. Once you have already had this reaction, the next one could be fatal. So you are probably going to have to get the dr to tell you which one caused the anaphylaxis. I am NOT trying to scare you, I am trying to help. Are you sure you did NOT get stung or bitten by an insect, such as a bee or fire ant, as this may be what caused the anaphylaxis. Put a note in your cell phone under ICE allergy, and say that you have had anaphylaxis, also you may need an allergy medic alert bracelet. This is actually pretty serious. Some have to carry what is known as an EPI Pen and it is epinephrine, the medication that likely stopped your anaphylaxis. The school you are going to may have a health clinic for the students, go there for help, or call your parents or grandparents and see if they can get you some additional help medically.
I know things can be expensive, but this is serious enough, that it should take precedence. Insect stings, shellfish and peanuts are the worst allergies thqt I know of thqt cause anaphylaxis, make sure you don't have any stings or stingers somewhere on your person, that may have been overlooked. Patti
Hello Sara - Welcome to DC and I hope we can help you get this situation under control so that it doesn't cause you any long term issues. If you did an allergy test and you know what foods, animals, inhalants, substances and such that you are allergic to... you MUST ABSOLUTELY STAY AWAY FROM THOSE THINGS!!! I know it is difficult but you must take charge here and know everything that you are eating, for instance, if you go out. If someone says to you that they don't know how something is made and you are afraid of "nuts", then better to not eat that thing if they cannot tell you the ingredients. After a while, it will become second nature to you and you will be able to eat with more confidence than being in fear of food. You can also do some research, too, to figure out what you need to stay away from. I know people who are allergic to "wool" and sheep... so that means, rugs, sweaters, animals like sheep or angora.
It is actually so much better when you get informed than being afraid of everything... it does get better, really. You also should have a full thyroid panel done because with autoimmune disorders... the adrenal glands are not working properly and neither is the thyroid.
I know specialists are expensive but trips to the ER could be a lot more expensive or a stay in the hospital.
Be well and take good care of you.
You definately have to get to a dr for an epi pen, and you have to avoid what you are allergic too. This can be a problem and you have to read labels, because there can be things hidden in the food that you are allergic too. Anaphylactic shock can make even a seasoned emergency worker anxious, its a very serious thing.
Hi Sara. First thing... Breathe... Do have have an emergency hospital? If you do, maybe you could go there. I don't think an emergency hospital can turn you down because of money. They could perhaps give you a diagnosis. Once again, I'm not sure. Plus you will have peace of mind. I really don't know how Sweden's medical system are. If not, do you think you could get some financial aid from your College, or the facility that you study in? If you have a friend that you can talk to, it might be a good idea to get in touch with them as soon as possible and let them know what's going on. They may know how to help you. It's 11:14 am there. That's a good time to call for help. There HAS to be a health clinic that can help you. Go to a Doctor now. Not tomorrow. Now. Yes, that's true about getting medical attention as fast as you can if you go into Anaphylaxis shock. Just Breathe... Stay as calm and relaxed as you can. Please let me know what happens.
Our friends on drugs.com are the best. We can help you through this and we'll be pleased to do that. Yours truly, Anna p.s. Do you have an email address?
Sara, if you can't get to a doctor to help you, you HAVE to stop eating the foods that you are allergic!! You are talking about your LIFE here, not just an uncomfortable reaction. If you don't get to a doctor on time, you can die, and I know you don't want that!! You HAVE to STOP eating the foods that you have allergies, and if you are eating somewhere besides your own home, don't be afraid to ask what is in the food!! You are not insulting anyone, you are saving yourself!! Also, be careful what you buy at the store. There are often ingredients in the foods that you would never have though. Another thing to avoid, especially if you can't get to a doctor for testing, is nuts. Peanuts ESPECIALLY are responsible for anaphylactic shock, more than any other food, and they are in places where other foods are processed. Here in the US, the food has to say whether the plant where the food was processed has nuts in the plant.
That is how serious an allergy to nuts can be!! Also, if you don't get an epi-pen, which you should, get Benedryl, or diphenhydramine hydrochloride. Carry it around with you at all times. This will slow down the anaphylactic reaction until you can get medical help soon!
Best of luck to you, but PLEASE, see a doctor!!
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Updated 29 Jul 2009 • 1 answer
Updated 7 Mar 2011 • 4 answers
Updated 3 Aug 2017 • 3 answers
Updated 17 Jul 2017 • 1 answer
Updated 2 Jan 2017 • 1 answer