Is exalgo crush resistant?

Anonymous 17 Jan 2013

Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release Exalgo tablet. Swallow it whole. Breaking the pill may cause too much of the drug to be may be released too fast and you may overdose.

https://www.drugs.com/exalgo.html

Take care,

masso.-

DzooBaby 17 Jan 2013

I'm not sure if Exalgo has crush resistant tehnology but Masso is absolutely correct that you should never break, chew, crush or alter a long acting drug in any way because you risk releasing too much medication which can cause overdose. Long acting drugs, whether crush resistant or not, should ONLY be swallowed whole.

cupcake7667 18 Jan 2013

I've been on exalgo for four years and its absolutely not to be crushed. It's extended release dilaudid. If you look at the pill, you'll see a tiny pin hole, that's how the medicine is released all day. Why would u want to crush it may I ask? If you need something that's immediate release, you can ask your doctor for dilaudid for breakthrough pain. I use Exalgo as my ER and 8 mg dilaudid for breakthrough pain.