Can euflexxa bs used on a knee that has already been replaced?

kaismama 10 Jul 2012

I can find nowhere where it says its indicated after knee replacement. I seriously doubt it, since none of the knee joint is there anymore. I would ask suggest you ask your orthopedic surgeon. Are you still having pain in the knee?

DzooBaby 10 Jul 2012

Euflexxa (or sodium hyaluronate/hyaluronic acid) injections will not help knee pain in a knee replacement joint. The joint is metal and has no nerve endings so putting a cushion of hyaluronic acid/sodium hyaluronate between a metal knee joint is not going to help your pain. The pain is not generated from this area, it is coming from somewhere else.
I would talk to my orthopedic doc and ask him what your other options are. Keep in mind that it is very important to keep the muscles around the knee joint in good shape after knee replacement. You may be helped by more physical therapy. PT after total knee replacement is one of the most important parts of the whole surgery! If you do not do your therapy religiously, your knee replacement will never feel right and you will always have difficulties.