Ethinyl Estradiol/Norethindrone - Doctor had me taking BC for 63 days to help heavy bleeding?

Marvell 18 Feb 2013

Yes, that is acceptable. This way you won't get a period.

Deb4243 20 Feb 2013

Yes I knew that was why he had me do that in so of doing this the first 63 days of doing this my period was light now on my next set I took my first birth control which is necon,I went to pharmacy to get my second refill and they change generics from necon to dasetta within a couple days of taking the dasetta I got my period again and have had it for 2 weeks and still have it. I am 49 years old if this helps to the answer. Thanks.

Marvell 18 Feb 2013

Deb4243 18 Feb 2013

Marvell 21 Feb 2013

I have no idea why our comments were repeated twice ... anyway, sometimes when you start a new birth control (even if it is a generic version of one you were taking) you may experience irregular cycles for up to 3 months while the hormones regulate. If irregular bleeding continues after three months then please see your doctor.