The estradiol patch stayed on for 6 days then came off. Any tricks to the application?

kaismama 16 Jun 2013

I had that problem too. I found that my hip was the one place it would stay. I cleaned my skin off very well first then made sure it was dry before I put it on. After applying it hold your hand flat over on it for several minutes to make it conform to every little area. Then you have to be careful you don't catch an edge of it when you dress. You might try putting something like tegaderm or bioclusive over it, its a material as thin as skin and is adhesive. I never did because it makes me itch.

montano8 6 Aug 2015

I would check the instructions because my patch has to be changed twice a week and I wa still specifically to not leave it on for any longer period than 3-4 days, if yours is the same kind/dosage it could explain why it's not sticking, because it shouldn't be!