Will the use of esomeprazole affect the proper function of 'acetate'?

DzooBaby 30 Apr 2014

What are you talking about "acetate"? What acetate? Acetate is an anion or negative ion. Acetates can be a chemical salt so it has to be ___ acetate. If you are speaking of a drug, I need the first part.

chiefsan 30 Apr 2014

Large amounts of acetate are released when plants and vegetables are digested by bacteria in the colon

chiefsan 30 Apr 2014

Researchers at Imperial College discovered that people feel full when eating fruit and vegetables because fibre releases acetate into the gut.

Sabrina1234 30 Apr 2014

If you would rather have acid reflux than to take the drug be my guest . If your concerned about longterm use take a one a day vitamin and eat bananas or have the surgery ( surgery doesn't work for most for long )and then take the meds. It's up to you .

chiefsan 30 Apr 2014

What kind of smartass answer is this? I have been taking the pill for many years..

Sabrina1234 30 Apr 2014

Not a smart ass comment at all . Most people are looking for any excuse to do what they want vs what needs to be done. It doesn't matter what the happens if your like me you have to take it no matter what or live in misery . Thanks for the lively response

DzooBaby 30 Apr 2014

I agree with Sabrina1234. Esomeprazole decreases acids in the stomach by inhibiting the proton pump.