Errin - I forgot to take the pill yesterday. Should I take two today?

kaismama 11 Feb 2014

You should take the one you missed as soon as you think of it and then take your other one at the regular time.

Littlelady3 11 Feb 2014

Thank you kaismama. It's time to take today's pill. Should I take two or just one?

kaismama 11 Feb 2014

Take the two of them

DzooBaby 11 Feb 2014

yes, take two today AND use condoms and spermicide for the next 48 hrs or abstain from sex for 48 hours. It is possible to ovulate when you miss a pill and to be safest, you should use back up protection. See below instructions for Errin:
IF YOU ARE LATE OR MISS TAKING YOUR POPs (Errin is a Progesterone Only Pill or POP's)

If you are more than 3 hours late or you miss one or more POPs:
1) TAKE a missed pill as soon as you remember that you missed it,

2) THEN go back to taking POPs at your regular time,

3) BUT be sure to use a backup method (such as a condom and/or a spermicide) every time you have sex for the next 48 hours.

If you are not sure what to do about the pills you have missed, keep taking POPs and use a backup method until you can talk to your healthcare professional.