Erlotinib - How can anyone afford Tarceva? My co-pay would be $2500.00. How?

Claussent 16 Dec 2011

Find out who the manufacturer of the drug is and go to their website to see if they have a patient assistance program for co-pays/deductibles, etc... My friend works for a pharma company and he says his company will offset a patient's out of pocket expense by $4600 per year. It's worth a shot. If you don't see that type of info on their website, ask you doc or call the company directly. Also, there are many patient oriented companies that are funded by pharma companies, that will pay your copayments if you meet their criteria: Patient Services Incorporated, Healthwell Foundation, PPARX, and many others.

Rajive Goel 16 Dec 2011

Erlotinib is made by Schwarz Pharma Manufacturing for OSI Pharmaceuticals, Inc. It is distributed by Genentech USA, Inc.

Maybe taking to the companies could be of help as suggested, take care, best wishes!

smellymelly 17 Dec 2011

I would suggest talking to the patient care advocate or social worker at the facility where the doctor ordered Tarceva for you. Sometimes they know the most effective order of steps to take in the process of having your insurance pay. When the drug was prescribed for me, it took several weeks for the approval to go through; and I didn't have to do anything. The patient liason took care of all the paper work and refferals. Good luck.