Any equivalent medicine for Humira in generic?

abbyp77 1 Jul 2017

Not that I'm aware of and, due to Rheumatoid Arthritis, I was prescribed Humira for just over 2 years before I had to switch. If your asking because you are trying to lower your prescription costs, all the major biologic drug companies offer a patient co-pay assistance program. Just go to the manufacturer website and sign up! It's absolutely free and my co-pay, with my very good private insurance at the time, went from $1200.00 to $0 (ZERO DOLLARS!!) Not even kidding and there's no catch or fine print. You have to re-sign up every year for it but it's totally worth it and since then, I've been on Enbrel and Xeljanz and both of those manufacturers offered it as well. Hope this info helps you out. I'm not a doctor but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night... (sorry, had to go there!)

ChelleKay 1 Jul 2017

I have been on Humira since November of 2015. I get it for free thru their Patient Assistance Program. I do not have private insurance, only Medicare. I can give you their number if you think it can help you.

masso 2 Jul 2017

Generic Humira is currently not available because it is a "biologic." This means that it is under different rules and laws than most other medications. Until these laws and rules are changed, there may never be a generic Humira available. You should be aware that some places may claim to sell a generic version of Humira, but be advised that these medications are fake, substandard, and potentially dangerous.

Regards... masso.-

Spayton53 2 Jul 2017

Amjevita is a generic form of Humira; however, I suggest contacting patient assistance at Humira. You may be able to get substantial help