Enbrel - can I leave my syringe out of ice for 8 hours?

Anonymous 28 Aug 2014

I have been on Enbrel for 2 years now (Sept, 2014). I get 3 months supply (total of 12 injections ) when I go to the doctor on quarterly bases but they are kept in an ice pack until I get home so I can put all cartons in the refrigerator, then put the ice pack in the freezer. When it is time for my injection, I get only one syringe out and let it come to room temperature for about 20 minutes, then proceed with the injection.
Hope that this a clear understanding to your question. Have one question for you... Why didn't they explain this to you that Enbrel is suppose to be refrigerator at all times until it is time for your injection and the ice is only to keep your syringes cool until you get home from the doctor, then put in the refrigerator? Remeber- Ice pack goes in the freezer.