I am in the midst of the worst cold sore outbreak I've ever had... I used to get them as a kid but havent had one in years, now I have a massive crusty sore in the corner of my mouth and several smaller sores under my bottom lip... they are extremely painful and super gross looking. I just finished my valtrex prescription, took 2 grams and then another 2 grams 12 hours later. Looks like a lot of people have had success with valtrex when you take it at the first sign of a cold sore, but mine have persisted for over a week now... the valtrex should at least stop it from spreading anymore, but does anyone know if it will help treat the ones I have already?
This is just awful.. I have never had an outbreak so bad before in my life, and it's seriously bumming me out. Anyone have any remedies they swear by to help treat the one I've got? Abreva seems to just soothe the sore for a little while... at this point i'm icing half my face and avoiding any and all human contact.. Please help! ):