Is Effexor XR 3.75 strong anti depressant?

WildcatVet 16 Sep 2016

Hi, Rita! I'm guessing you mean 37.5mg which is the starter dose. The average maintenance dose is 75mg, but that can be raised to 225mg if needed.
Effexor XR is the convenient way to dose just once a day and it's very effective for depression and/or anxiety.
Best wishes and good luck, Wildcat

wannabbetter 16 Sep 2016

I'm med sensitive so I'm having SEs of fatigue & sweats at the 37.5 mg dosage. Effexor does work very well for some ppl. It seems that the ppl who can work up to 150 mgs have the best results. My pharmacist said that he sees the most scripts for 75 or 150 mgs of the extended release capsules. Have you tried the SSRIs such as Zoloft, Lexapro or Celexa before this? Usually they have less SEs.

chuck1957 20 Sep 2016

Rita, As my Ladyfriends have already said this is a good starting dose, Now remember when you first start it you can get some side effects very much like what you are taking it for those symptoms can even feel worse for the first few weeks but then they get better after that. Also, it is very Important that you take it at about the same time each day and don't miss any doses. This is a very effective medication for many people and as with many it's just a matter of finding the right one for you. Hope this well do it Chuck1957