I was on Effexor 75mg for only around 6 months before I decided it wasn't the right medicine for me, after a lot of research and symptoms I'd noticed. Before that I was on Lexapro for anxiety and depression and switched to Effexor.

I just switched over to Abilify. My doctor started me on 5 mg and her instructions were to completely stop the Effexor 75mg and start the Abilify 5mg in its place. I've been doing that for 2 days and feel horrible. Brain zaps, migraines (which I already suffer from and have to take daily preventative medicine for), confused and forgetful, all the likes of Effexor withdrawals. I had to miss work today and haven't been able to do much of anything. I'm terrified that is going to last!

Should my doctor have tapered me down off the Effexor? Or should taking the Abilify cut out the withdrawals of the Effexor and something is wrong???