Which is more effective for panic attacks attivan or valium?

PepperM 3 Oct 2015

Hey Benzo1980. To tell you the truth both meds in question are Benzo's. So they work the same way for panic/anxiety attacks. Now with that being said, the only difference would be the mg the person and severity of the attack. Your doctor will be able to determine which one is best for you. I hope this helps to answer your question. Pepper

IrelandRain 18 Oct 2015

I have been on Ativan for 10 yrs. I asked the Dr. How to get off. She wanted to put me on a lower dose of Valium because it lasts longer than Ativan. Ativan lasts 4 hrs. Valium usually last 6hrs. She told me that is the usual way to get off Ativan. Valium scares me, so I just continue to take 1mg. Three x's a day. Hope this helps.

IrelandRain 18 Oct 2015