How effective is gabapentin in treating sciatica?

chuck1957 6 Dec 2015

Beattie; They don't really have stats Really all you can do is take the medication and see how it works for you, And you have to be on it for a little while it does not work like a pain pill where you well notice relief right away.But it should not take more than a week or so to notice a difference and sometimes the doctor has to increase the dose it's like different for everyone but they have had very good sucess with this medication and very little side effects for most people that have taken it. Over what used to be available hope you get as good of success as I have had. Chuck1957

Beattie 6 Dec 2015

Thanks for taking time to answer my question. Appreciate it.

chuck1957 6 Dec 2015

Beattie; Never a problem please come back if any of us can help you again. Chuck1957

Buttercup2 26 Mar 2016

Hi Beattie! I have taken gabpentin now for about 5 years. I take 800 mg 3 times a day. However I also have really severe sciatica on my left side. I have not been able to see how gabpentin has helped with this. I take this for fibromyalgia. I so wish that there was a cure for sciatica. Take care!