... Furosemide 40 mg for 2 days , they are still swelling. can you make any suggestions?
Edema cannot be cured. The only way to treat edema is to treat the condition that is causing it. The following are some things you can do to keep the swelling down:
* Put a pillow under your legs when you are lying down.
* Wear support stockings, which you can buy at most drugstores. Support stockings put pressure on your legs and keep water from collecting in your legs and ankles.
* Do not sit or stand for too long without moving.
* Follow your doctor's orders about limiting how much salt you eat.
* Limit fluid intake
- Furosemide Information for Consumers
- Furosemide Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Furosemide (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 23 Sep 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 6 Jul 2010 • 2 answers
Posted 22 Mar 2012 • 2 answers
Posted 5 Jan 2015 • 3 answers
Posted 30 Mar 2015 • 1 answer