Can I eat pork while taking a betamethasone shot?

kaismama 7 Feb 2013

I can't think of a reason why not.

endlessPred 7 Feb 2013

Please review my answer. He had marked ring worm. The pork is not the problem.

endlessPred 7 Feb 2013

No. do not mix with ringworm. If you have ringworm you should not take this drug. Please read from our medication site. I have copied part of this below.

"What is the most important information I should know about betamethasone?

You should not use this medication if you are allergic to betamethasone, or if you have a fungal infection anywhere in your body.

Before taking betamethasone, tell your doctor about all of your medical conditions, and about all other medicines you are using. There are many other diseases that can be affected by steroid use, and many other medicines that can interact with steroids.

Your steroid medication needs may change if you have any unusual stress such as a serious illness, fever or infection, or if you have surgery or a medical emergency. Tell your doctor about any such situation that affects you during treatment.

Video: Treatment for Depression

Treatments for depression are getting better everyday and there are things you can start doing right away.

Steroid medication can weaken your immune system, making it easier for you to get an infection or worsening an infection you already have or have recently had. Tell your doctor about any illness or infection you have had within the past several weeks.

Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Call your doctor for preventive treatment if you are exposed to chicken pox or measles. These conditions can be serious or even fatal in people who are using steroid medication.

Do not receive a "live" vaccine while you are taking betamethasone. Vaccines may not work as well while you are taking a steroid.

Do not stop using betamethasone suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Talk to your doctor about how to avoid withdrawal symptoms when stopping the medication.

Read more at https://www.drugs.com/mtm/betamethasone.html#cT1Wgcllqfycbprv.99

____________________
Best to check with your physician. Ring worm is treated with a topical cream rubbed into the fungal infection. This is not actually a worm.

endlessPred 7 Feb 2013

Eat whatever you normally do. This is a steroid meant for skin infections. Food is not a problem. However, it is the medication with the ring work that you must get to a doctor right away.

kaismama 7 Feb 2013

He did not clearly state he had ringworm. And that has nothing to do with the pork. I answered his question with the info provided.