Due to cost-am having cataract surgery-what other choice do I have other than vigamox?

DzooBaby 15 Dec 2011

There are many choices for antibiotic drops. There is Ciloxin (ciprofloxacin), Garamycin (gentamycin), Ocuflox (ofloxacin), AK-Sulf (sulfacetamide-this is a sulfa so dont use if you are allergic), Tobrex (tobramycin) are all good ocular antiinfectives. The AK-Sulf and Garamycin are older and most likely to have generics available. If finances are really strapped, talk to your surgeon. Many times these Drs get loads of samples and they might be able to provide you with free samples if you ask.

pup6767 15 Dec 2011

Dear track... yes Dzoo has suggested some very good choices for lesser expensive medications for post cataract surgery. From your question it seemed as though you might have had another concern about your upcoming surgery??? If there is anything I can do please let me know.
Good luck. It is a very easy and successful surgery with remarkable outcomes... pup