Dry skin .. it's winter and my skin is dry. I'm using Lubriderm. Anything better?

kaismama 7 Dec 2013

I really like cerave.

BeYondRepair 7 Dec 2013

Kitty - due to weather conditions AND meds, my skin and hair stay so dry no matter what I do. I have tried everything from store brands to expensive lotions, oils, etc. I do believe the heat in winter makes it worse so maybe a humidifier would be of some help. Just an idea...

Emeraldgirl 8 Dec 2013

Hello Kitty & KM. If u just need 4 dry skin and not to treat a condition then Elemis Frangipani Monoi body oil. Smells fab is fab but pricey. Can get little bottles on e/bay. Much cheaper = Queen Helene Cocoa Butter try e/bay 4 this too. Take care

pamee 8 Dec 2013

Hi Kitty,
I use to like lubriderm, but now I like Eucerin. It comes in so many different varities for dry skin. I use smoothing repair for regular dry skin, then they have for xtra dry. it really leaves my skin feeling silky with no greasy feeling. It can be found where you find your lubriderm.

Best to you.
pamee

Kitty 8 Dec 2013

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I am so tired of itching.

smileyhappy 8 Dec 2013

Hi Kitty,

Make sure you hydrate your body inside too! Drink at least 8 glasses of water that should help too girl!

Smileyhappy

Anniebananie12 11 Dec 2013

We were visiting a cousin for dinner yesterday, and she sent me home with a coconut oil - oatmeal balm which she recommends highly for dry skin.
I used it once today and it seems to be working quite well. I'll let you know how I feel about it after I've used it for a while.
Annie