I have a drug test in three days I been taking perocet 5 for a week wil they still be in my systrm?

kaismama 21 Nov 2012

The half life is 4.5 hrs so it should be out of your system by then. If you have it prescribed for you there shouldn't be a problem, anyway.

DzooBaby 21 Nov 2012

I have to disagree on this one. You can still have metabolites in the urine on average 2-5 days. If you are being blood tested then yes, it will likely not be detected but urine takes a little longer. Half life shows how fast it is being metabolized but those metabolites can take a while to completely clear the urine. At 3 days, you are right on the line. You may or may not depending on how fast you metabolize and clear those metabolites. I usually tell people to give it 5-7 days to be sure but you might be ok if you metabolize fast. If you have a script you should be fine though because you have a legal reason to take the drug unless you are being tested by DOT or you dont have a legal script, then you may be in trouble.