The drug Metformin, I was advised it has been taken off the market. Is this information true?

kaismama 19 Mar 2014

I haven't heard anything. Do you realize how many people would be affected by that. If it was so this forum would be burning up. Its possible that one company isn't making or something but I can't imagine them taking it off the market.
I'll see if I can find anything.

kaismama 19 Mar 2014

I can't find anything that says that. I remembered that a few yrs ago a combined drug containing it was but it was the other drug that was the problem.

npbn 19 Mar 2014

Thank you, I would appreciate that.

bnagoh 19 Mar 2014

No! I certainly hope not it works very well to control my type 2 diabetes but I haven't heard anything like that...

angel1662 19 Mar 2014

Hello npbn
No... I just recieved a months worth and if that were the case I would have never got them... I take it daily for type 2 diabetes... and my pharmacist would have let me no way ahead of time..hope this helps...

npbn 19 Mar 2014

Thank you ... someone said they heard it was taken off the market... that is why I am asking. I have been taking this drug for years, and it helps me also... Thank you.

angel1662 20 Mar 2014

hello npbn
you are more then welcome... hope you stick around this is a great support sight for many different issues you may need help with or if you what to support another... best of health..