I am not aware of a "drug" that gives you this as it is natural and part of the acid that is produced by the body. And, it is commonly used in some sour candies and those vinegar and salt potato chips. So, I have done a little research for you so that you have more information about malic acid and where the source of it is.
"Malic acid is a dicarboxylic acid found in many sour or tart-tasting foods. When eaten, it produces a mellow and persistent sour taste. The most common source of this compound is unripe fruit. This acid is also produced within the human body as a part of the citric acid cycle. The salts of malic acid, known as maltates, are an important intermediary step in the cycle.
This acid was originally isolated in an apple by the Swedish chemist Carl Wilhelm Scheele in 1785. In 1787, Antoine-Laurent de Lavoisier, a French chemist, suggested that the newly-discovered acid be named acide malique after the Latin word malum, for apple. Malic acid is crystalline in structure, colorless, and soluble in water.
The most common use of malic acid is in food products, notably in candy and potato chips. Sour candies often use it rather than its sweeter cousin, citric acid, as the sourness is more intense. Salt and vinegar flavored potato chips also use it to produce a tart, vinegar-like flavor. Foods that contain large amounts of malic acid often bear a warning, stating that eating large amounts of the product can cause soreness in the inside of the mouth."
I hope this helps you and that I have understood your question... and answered it appropriately for you.
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 23 Oct 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 21 Oct 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 7 Jul 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 26 Jan 2014 • 3 answers
Posted 20 Jan 2015 • 1 answer