Is there a drug that is close to being the same thing as celexa?

Delila 3 Apr 2013

Hi, Celexa (also know as Citalopram) is an SSRI antidepressant medication. Other SSRI antidepressants are Prozac, Lexapro, Zoloft, Paxil, Luvox, and there are others. Are you currently taking Celexa and thinking of changing medication?

Buttunhead 3 Apr 2013

I am thinking of changing, the celexa works just fine but the weight gain is really bothering me.. I took paxil once and was awful, slept the days away until I got off it.. Not sure what to do.. When I go off celexia only takes a few days and I have a major attack.. but this weight gain (over 50lbs) is giving me anxiety

Delila 3 Apr 2013

Yes, unfortunately the weight gain is a common side effect, and this can be the case for all SSRI's. I'm in the same situation. I guess you need to consider if the benefits outweigh the side effects??? Sorry there is no easy answer : (

winnifer43 4 Apr 2013

Yes lexapro is very close to celexa