Can u drink teavana tea and can u take ib profen while on harvoni?

zenn211 4 Mar 2015

Hello Kistenv82,
Top of the evening to you darling. My doctor told me that I could drink any kind of tea except black tea. He said he preferred I drink green tea because it's great for my hep c. Personally, I drink lots of green tea and dandelion tea with honey, lemon and a little bit of unrefined coconut oil. It makes me feel rejuvenated.
He also said that I could take motrin or ibuprofen if needed. I was also told that Harvoni is not bothered by most foods. So, you can eat just about anything, but medications and supplements are a different thing. The main items not to take are the supplement St. John warts, antacids, like tums, and acetaminophen.
Well, I certainly hope that this helps you; if so indicate it below by giving me a thumbs-up. Thanks

Kristenv82 4 Mar 2015

Thanks Zenn, yes it does. I was pretty sure it was ok but just wanted to see what other thought. been in harvoni now for 1 week, feeling good, just taking it day by day:)

zenn211 6 Mar 2015

Good for you Kristen,
Well here's wishing you nothing but the best!