Can u drink grapefruit juice when taking alprazolam?

kaismama 24 Feb 2014

Its recommended that you don't drink grapefruit juice when taking alprazolam.

Diva8029 24 Feb 2014

Hello
How are you?
Last year when I had grapefruit juice the next day I was very sick and felt like I had a hangover. Ever since then I never had grapefruit juice again.

endlessPred 28 Feb 2014

Grapefruit juice affects a lot of medications. It has a chemical in it that competes with those drugs making it less effective. Be sure to read the printout that come with your prescriptions. A lot is in there to help you. For more info enter alprazolam in the drug search field above.

pamee 28 Feb 2014

Hello Joes,
Grapefruit juice slows the body's normal breakdown of benzodiazepines as well some other medications allowing them to build up to potentially dangerous levels in the blood.
Because of this risk, if you take benzodiazepines, the safest approach is to avoid grapefruit juice altogether.