My Dr swithched me from 2mg xanax three xday to one extended release.Why and what will it do to me?

Anonymous 2 Jan 2013

Hello jobabe56. More often than not its done out of convience, for people tend to forget to take thier dose (unless its on a need to basis) It should not effect you in any major form/manner. Regards pledge

kaismama 2 Jan 2013

By using extended release medications an even therapeutic blood level can be accomplished, and that makes the extended release version of any pill work better then ir.

vgunderson1 23 Feb 2013

The XANAX XR will control your anxiety risk throughout the day with a steady release of the medication where as the regular .25 mg Xanax quick acting lasts only a few hours but works within minutes to reverse an anxiety attack. I take 1 mg XANAX XR daily and it really keeps my anxiety at bay. I RARELY have an anxiety anymore but if I do feel an anxiety attack coming on I take my regular .25 mg dose and the attack is gone in less than 3 minutes. Good luck! = )