Dr. prescribed Prozac for anxiety but I am on percoset. Is it safe to take both meds ?

ChelleKay 23 Sep 2013

There are a lot of people on pain meds and meds for anxiety / depression. Did the same doctor prescribe both?? If not, it is always a good idea to keep all doctors in the loop. I see no problem with this combo, if these are new to you, I might suggest you not take them at same time. Best of luck...

ChelleKay 23 Sep 2013

Welcome to the DC site... We are happy you are joining us. There are a lot of smart, kind, caring, supportive people here with a vast amount of knowledge. Looking forward to seeing you around the site.

masso 23 Sep 2013

Interactions between your selected drugs

Trinabell 23 Sep 2013

Hey Merrilo5. The answer to your question is yes it is safe to take percocet & Prozac together. As long as you aren't abusing either drug by taking more than you should be there is no drug interaction btwn the 2 meds. A side effect of both these drugs though is suicidal thoughts, rage/uncontrolled anger or feelings of despair. If you notice any of those emotions you might want to hold off on your next dose & call your dr ASAP. However those effects are rare so you'll probably be fine. Take care. :-)