My dr prescribed me epitol for trouble sleeping anyone heard of this?

mhelcl 15 Mar 2013

The Dr. must belive that your insomnia is caused by one of the following conditions. Epitol can be used for epilepsy and bipolar disorder, as well as trigeminal neuralgia. It is also used off-label for a variety of indications, including attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), schizophrenia, phantom limb syndrome, complex regional pain syndrome, paroxysmal extreme pain disorder, neuromyotonia, intermittent explosive disorder, borderline personality disorder, Myotonia congenita and post-traumatic stress disorder.

J523860 15 Mar 2013

have none those. i can barely understand him sometimes but i wish i could remember him saying the name of the med was prescribing wonder if maybe pharmacy read his writing wrong which i seen happens 1 in 5 prescriptions. He always ask me how im sleeping and had been good until recently. lately im up every hour on the hour told him about this so he said im give you such such take 1-2 pills 2 hours before bed and you will sleep all night. i been taking for about week now and still up on the hour.

mhelcl 15 Mar 2013

It sounds like you should find a new doctor who you believe in more.

Anonymous 15 Mar 2013

Hello J523860. Likely that it has been perscribed in the past off label as a sleeping aid. (I cannot confirm this) Regards pledge