My dr. prescribed Doxycycline for my headaches -No other symptoms- does this make sense?

suzanne66 7 May 2013

May be - if your doctor thinks your headache is caused by a sinus infection??
But generally is doesn't sound right at all. Are you sure you have the correct prescription? Has your doctor or pharmacist accidentally given/ prescribed you someone else's medicine. Call your doctor or pharmacy. It needs to be sorted.

sara12345 7 May 2013

Yes, Suzanne is right. Doxycycline is an antibiotic. The doctor should have discussed with you if you had a sinus infection that it was supposed to treat. You can have just pressure in the front of your head above the eyes from a sinus infection, but usually you would need some kind of scan to diagnose it without any other symptoms. I had a CT scan that diagnosed it. From what I have read, you don't want to be taking a medication like this unless you have a serious infection. Call your pharmacist and check if you got the right medication. If so, then call your doctor right away.