My Dr. Prescribed 50 mg.of Effexor for 1 week. Then to up the dose to 100mg. Does this sound right?

WildcatVet 27 Aug 2017

Hi, Loried! 75mgs is the usual starting dosage of Effexor. Starting at 50mg will help your metabolism adjust to the drug and help prevent any potential side effects. Sounds like a good plan to me.
Best regards, Wildcat

chuck1957 27 Aug 2017

Loried; Yes I am with Wildcat, THIS sounds right just remember it is not unusual to have some increase in the effects your taking it for increase for a short time like increase in anxiety of depression but that well fo away in 1 to 2 weeks just have to fight through it but at least you know that can be normal but then it really get much better. Hang in there you can do this. Chuck1957

amaraeuq 28 Aug 2017

I think you already know the answer !!! No ii is not likely a good thing. Firstly . The original effexor hasent had a chance to see if it will offer you. ... what reprieve it may bring. That could take weeks to kick in. If it was me. I wouldnt take it. Im reducing my effexir bc is negatively affecting me. All they want to do is up the dosage or change the pill.

WildcatVet 28 Aug 2017

*The recommended starting dose for Effexor is 75 mg/day, administered in two or three divided doses, taken with food. Depending on tolerability and the need for further clinical effect, the dose may be increased to 150 mg/day. If needed, the dose should be further increased up to 225 mg/day. When increasing the dose, increments of up to 75 mg/day should be made at intervals of no less than 4 days.* free discount card