Will doxy-cycl hycl work on abscessed tooth?

rizorhettie 12 Mar 2013

yes it will This is a very good antibiotic used to kill MRSA Staph I am sure it will rid you of that abcess. Your question caught my attention because I have an abcessed tooth right now and the dentist gave me some ampicillin 500mgs three times a day and tried to give me some motrin but I refused that . I told her I was taking motrin at home and it did not ease the pain thats why I am here . Well she changed it to Tylenol 3 . One tab every 4-6 hrs I had to take two . My tooth was killing me. painful all night for 3 days because that ampicillin is not effective enought for the abcess. I called her home and complained She said go to the ER I said no just call in another antibiotic.(She must have just finished dentist school seemed scared) Cipro works well also . Hopes this helps

tryingtobehelpful 12 Mar 2013

Only your doctor can answer this question, because only they know the specifics of your situation.

Alternatively, you could call your pharmacist for free advice!