Can Doxepin cause you to be unable to taste?

Marvell 24 Feb 2014

Yes, change in taste or bad, unusual or unpleasant (after)taste is a known side effect of doxepin.

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/doxepin-side-effects.html

fayfaith 15 Jun 2014

It must not be common though,because I've never heard of it and I have not known of anyone that's had that kind of side affect. Not that I'm saying that it doesn't exist,it's just not common. I've been taking Sinequan/Doxepin for over two decades. I haven't never experienced any bad side affects with exception to only one n I personally didn't consider that bad. It was at the beginning becoming very drowsy/sleepy,but it doesn't last, It can take up to a couple of months or less to adjust. But it does help tremendously for the Ones of Us that need that rest & sleep. A good amount of Sleep is the best kind of medicine when you are suffering from n dealing with depression. A goodnight's sleep works! Along with your (meds) of course. Doxepin is an older drug but is still one of the best to me. I have been through quite a few different antidepressants including SSRIs, SNRIs,SSNRIs n Benzos, and I always go back to Doxepin.