What dose of gabapentin is equal to Lyrica 50 mg three times a day?

mine99 22 Mar 2019

I am sorry to say I know not BUT, this site will answer your question. I am happy to tell you that everything you need is here. Side effects, they will tell of drugs YOU are taking, well how they interact with other things you take. Just make sure you add your meds to your profile.

grandone 23 Mar 2019

That Lyrica is tough. i take 300 mg, makes you feel terrible but it's the only thing that works for my
neuropathy...

cindy-59 24 Mar 2019

Hi grandone. I agree that Lyrica is tough. I was prescribed it for chronic nerve pain. It not only didn’t help with the pain but it made my pain worse. Along with making me feel nauseous, dizzy and confused I experienced anxiety, depression and suicidal thoughts. It affected my teeth, hair, skin, hearing and eyesight in a very negative way. The sweating profusely was terrible. I lost interest in everyone and everything. I lost who I was before taking these drugs. I gained a lot of weight from it too. I also tried Cymbalta and it tripled every single side effect. I ended up gaining over 80 pounds and I looked and felt like I was pregnant. I was taking Lyrica for 6-7 years and Cymbalta for over 10 years. It seemed that my doctor would have to keep upping the dosage because he thought it would help. Thankfully one day I was researching all the side effects I was having and Lyrica and Cymbalta came up. Immediately I started tapering.

miafattore 24 Apr 2019

As they are different medications it’s best to speak to your doctor about this. What dose is right for one person might not be ok for you, only your doctor can make these decisions.

GinaPA 25 Apr 2019

I agree with miafattore. Because they are two VERY different drugs and work very differently, there is no equivalent. An example would be Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen. They both can relieve pain or reduce a fever, but they are definitely not the same drug. If people on heart medication had a headache and took Aspirin or Ibuprofen it could be disastrous, yet they can safely take Acetaminophen (Tylenol). You don't want to mess around with this one. Ask your doctor for guidance. But whatever you do, don't use both! Good luck--I have neuropathy too and it's no picnic. I've been on Gabapentin for years but tried Lyrica first. Lyrica didn't help me much at all. For me, the Gabapentin helps my neuropathy much better. But everyone is different.

Ros 2 27 Apr 2019

Hi Cheryl Barget, I too take Lyrica 50mg (3)times a day, it really helps me with my neuropathy. My doctor informed me that gabapentin is not as good, but then again everyone is different.
Take care & god bless!
Ros2