I am in the donut hole and advair is so costly $125. 00 a month. What can I do about this?

kaismama 29 Aug 2013

There are assistance programs that will help when you are in the donut hole. You can apply for assistance from the manufacturer or you can seek help from any of these, The CoPay Relief Program 1-866-512-3861 or www.copay.org; or Suddenly Senior www.suddenlysenior.com/patientassistantprograms.html; or Needy Meds www.needymeds.org; and Partnership for Prescription Assistance 1-888-477-2669 or www.pparx.org www.freemedicine.com www.access2wellness.com
www.benefitscheckup.org/cf/index.cfm?partner_id=22

Kitty 29 Aug 2013

I was fortunate to get samples from my doctor, you might ask.

DzooBaby 30 Aug 2013

A lot of docs will give samples if they have them. If not try either the manufacturer for a patient assistance program or contact one of the sources KM gave.

endlessPred 30 Aug 2013

I received samples. enough for five months.

DzooBaby 30 Aug 2013

My dad gets samples of Lantus from his endocrinologist and that saves them close to $300 a month!

endlessPred 30 Aug 2013

Wanted to add that I go through the donut hole in six weeks as of end of April. So the full amount comes fast and sudden as I need those meds. It is quite a burden sitting on the credit card. Have to have the meds. It is tough. Depending upon your state, perhaps you can receive Medicaid. Have you looked at that option?

kaismama 31 Aug 2013

I think the person who thought up the donut hole should be shot. What makes them think we can afford during those months any better then we could have before. Did you know that part of the obamacare act is trying to do away with it and you can get money toward to your prescriptions when you hit the donut hole? It will be a little more every year, supposedly until its enough to cover, but I believe this year its $200.