Does Voltaren Gel treat symptoms only without having any "healing" properties?

Marvell 19 Aug 2009

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) is in a group of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Voltaren works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body.

Voltaren Gel treats the symptoms of pain and helps reduce inflammation, so I would say that it treats the symptoms and heals.

https://www.drugs.com/voltaren-gel.html

jaleely 10 Jul 2011

I think this person means... is there any kind of anti-biotic or at least soothing or numbing agent in the gel itself, besides just the medication. For instance I noted that it didn't seem to create a softer skin state, so I assume there are no skin softening agents in the formula. I too wondered if there were topical healing agents present... not just the pain killing,people which here seems to mean healing to some people.