Does ultram read as an opiate in tox screen?

jk13 3 Nov 2011

I have read online that although it is an Opioid as it hits on the Opioid sensors, it is so chemically different than any other Opioid on the market that it will not show up at all (it's actually an SNRI). Nonetheless, it is extremely similar to Codeine in that it is an analog of the phenanthrene, the alkaloid present in codeine. So, basically I would imagine that it very well may depend on the type of test used. To be on the safe side, I would simply bring in the prescription in with you to ensure that you have your bases covered.

This really is a topic that I have to admit that I have very little knowledge regarding, and my info comes from what I've read. I also take Tramadol for chronic pain in addition to other meds, but as far as the exact mechanics of the drug tests that are utilized, I don't honestly know first hand, and all of the info that I'm providing has been found online.

After you take the test, if you could update and or message me as to what the results were, it would be helpful. There is a very good chance that I might be getting a job (fingers crossed), but it would also requires for a drug test. I know that there a few prescriptions that I take that will turn up positive, and am hoping that the Tramadol will not be one of them. It'll already look pretty ridiculous as it is.

I hope that this is of some help, and if you do have the time to let me know, it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Jeff K