Does this medicine get you high? Can you function at work and drive while taking the fentanyl patc?

Rajive Goel 12 Oct 2010

Fentanyl may make you dizzy or drowsy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness until you are sure you can perform such activities safely. Avoid alcoholic beverages.

However for more details you could read the medication guide or talk to the doc/pharmacist who prescribed the med., take care, be well & safe!

how long 12 Oct 2010

Rajive Goel is right. If you have been taking it for a while like me, you will know if you can function or not. I am on the 50mcg. and personally it doesn't make me sleepy nor does it get me high. It takes the pain away just as it is supposed to, and that's all that matters to me. Fentanyl is not for everyone. Like Rajive Goel said, talk to your DR. first. Fentanyl is the strongest opiate there is and is very dangerous if not taking as prescribed! Good Luck and be Safe!

Rajive Goel 12 Oct 2010

Thanks

christineATU 12 Oct 2010

Just to add one detail, please start off at the lowest dose possible that will still control your pain.
best wishes,
chris

keyvan 12 Oct 2010

after use this drug (Fentanyl) can dizzines and confusion might be done therefor after consumption u dont any work are need to be alert conditions,take care

tuscaloosy 18 Oct 2010

All the research that I've done says that it certainly can interfere with things such as driving. I have just started using the patch (25) and so far I have only noticed that I am a little more tired in the evenings and I do sleep much better (though I think it's because I'm in less pain). As far as "getting high", I have not had that feeling. But I have been taking Percocets for quite a while which may be the reason.